What could I do as a Volunteer Cadet?
Through a structured training programme, you will have the opportunity to learn more about the police service, with insights and visits into many departments including:
- Firearms – learn more about the dangers of weapons and have the opportunity to find out what it’s like to be a firearms office
- Control Rooms and Contact Centres – the first point of contact for the public. This provides the opportunity to see how the calls are taken and dealt with
- Public Order Training – find out how difficult public order/riot situations can be, how officers are trained and why these tactics are used
- Forensics – learn the reality about crime scene investigations
- Team building – taking part in fun activities to get to know the rest of the team
As a Volunteer Police Cadet you are a uniformed member of the Extended Police Family and will attend sessions each Saturday morning between 10am – 12pm at Police Headquarters in Liverpool City Centre where you will develop your communication, leadership, problem solving and team working skills.
You will also have the opportunity to get involved with fundraising events, local problem solving exercises, high profile events, team building exercises and gain an insight into football operations. You may also have the opportunity to become the High Sheriffs Cadet.
This is just a flavour of some of the activities you could get involved with. The Merseyside Police Volunteer Cadet Scheme will provide opportunities you will not get anywhere else, and will be memorable for life!
When can I apply?
Eligible candidates will have to have a date of birth ranging from 01/09/2003 to 31/08/2005. Recruitment lines will be open online for a limited period from May 7th 2021.
No formal qualifications are required to apply.
What does the Recruitment process involve?
The Recruitment process involves an online application and a vetting/integrity check. These are standard across the Force.
Once you have been successful at the above stages, you will receive an offer letter and your induction to the Merseyside Police Volunteer Cadet Scheme will commence.
If you require additional information or are interested in joining the next scheme, please email: Volunteer.Police.Cadets@merseyside.police.uk
Or alternatively, from May 7th 2021, further information can be found in the ‘Join Us’ section on the Merseyside Police Website: